Fetlar Museum Digitisation Project

<< Fetlar Interpretive Centre Web Site



Fetlar Parish Council
Fetlar Parish Council around the turn of the 20th century. Parish Councils took over from the Parochial School Boards in the mid 1890s and their main duty was to administer the Poor Law (they had powers to grant relief to poor families in the parish). Today, the branch of local government based in Fetlar is known as the Community Council. Six members are elected by the community to serve for four years.
Click here for a larger image (large download).
c. 1900

<< Back to Daily Life In Fetlar page

Funded by:
Heritage Lottery Fund
Heritage Lottery Fund

© Fetlar Interpretive Centre
Beach of Houbie, Fetlar, Shetland, ZE2 9DJ
Tel: 01957 733206 email: info@fetlar.com